Your voice for your library.

This blog is for you to add your voice. Comment, join, send an email. But most of all become a friend of the library.

Sunday 1 January 2012

New Year and New Hopes

I'm going to be meeting with Jo Grills some time soon. I'm waiting for confirmation on that and a date. It would be good to take someone with me.

I have explained that I have no mandate but simply want a conversation and would hope for a "win-win solution" whatever that may look like.

I'd encourage readers to contact Jo personally with their views on the future of Matson Library. With the success of the judicial hearing last year we have every reason to be positive and constructive without giving away the quality of service Matson has been used to.

We have a good case for protecting Matson Library for the future but equally the Council will make some kind of cuts somewhere and somehow. So we need to be having ideas about how our library works for the future.

Matson library is already 'our library' of course because the Council is 'our Council', elected by us to serve the best interests of all kinds of people in the community and to guarantee fair and equal access to public statutary services.

Making the library a public library into a community-run library doesn't guarantee local autonomy. Everything depends of the accountability of the local group and their relationship to library users.

Anyway, please be in touch via comments or email. I will post more about that meeting when I know more. 









No comments:

Post a Comment