Your voice for your library.

This blog is for you to add your voice. Comment, join, send an email. But most of all become a friend of the library.

Tuesday 3 January 2012

Meeting Jo Grills

Below is part of an email I've just received from John Holland. John has a long involvement in our libraries as former head of library services (I think!).

"If you haven't, the best person to meet is Jo Grills, who, as of today, has the new post of Operations Director, Education, Learning and Libraries, and more importantly, is the Programme Director for the new review of libraries.
Jo also line manages the two heads of library services. As you know, Johanna , Demelza and I from FOGL met with her before Christmas and she is seeking another meeting with us this week. Jo was not involved with the Nov 2010 half-baked review of libraries, and seems keen to undertake a more through and equitable review this time.
May I suggest that, if you have not done so already, you arrange to meet her as soon as possible to put to her the case for maintaining a statutory service in your community. You can do this via her secretary Liz Warwick on 01452 426418 or by email at liz.warwick@gloucestershire.gov.uk
Jo seems friendly and open and, I think, will welcome your contact."


I will be meeting with Jo Grills on Thursday 5th January at 3 pm. Please let me know if you would like to come with me. I would not want to take more than two maximum, though, but if no one comes with me I will cancel the meeting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment